Welcome to IdeasWise.
There are a growing number of innovations newlsetters and blogs that address material innovations, but we'd like to see innovations in the field of the mind, particularly related to education.
Here are some questions we’d like to see solved.
- Why are 24% of the population of Liverpool unhappy? What could we do to fix it?
- Why is depression so prevalent – estimated at between 5 and 20% of the world population? How do we fix it?
- Why does poverty prevail in the rural areas of developing countries? How do we fix it without using the old-fashioned aid model, which doesn’t seem to work?
- Why do migrating birds fly in formation using astonishing coordination that appears to defy all known rules of biology and physics? What can we learn from this about the possibility of how groups of humans can behave?
- Why can a savant can be brilliant at maths but can’t understand a joke?
- Why do teachers in India never get sacked, even when they don’t turn up for work? The teachers’ unions don’t have that much power, surely?
- What do we have to do to the education system to encourage people to stop voting for incompetent politicians?
- How do you handle someone with a huge ego?
- How do you cure shyness?
- How do you cure bullying?
- What do you do with someone around whom you have to walk on eggshells?
- What to do about domestic violence? Can perps be treated, or do we concentrate on the victims?